Chambers recognizes Wright & Talisman’s reputation as a “highly esteemed practice” comprised of “very intelligent people with extensive knowledge who can reach into different areas of expertise,” while noting that the firm is “particularly strong in its representation of RTOs at FERC and in federal appeals court.” The firm receives praise for having a “very strong subject matter expertise and a great knowledge of both business and the broader industry,” enabling its attorneys to bring a “great deal of pragmatism and make sure clients have thought through all of the different positions to take to achieve their goals.”
Clients highly commend the firm, saying that: “they are very prompt and timely with their advice and focused on the success of their client.” Home to a “responsive, knowledgeable, and thorough” team of talented attorneys, Wright & Talisman continues to impress clients for understanding “commercial needs and dynamics” while providing “high-caliber work,” “excellent regulatory advice and services,” and “timely and cost-effective work product.”
Continuing its praise for Wright & Talisman for the seventeenth consecutive year, Chambers has also distinguished five Wright & Talisman attorneys as leaders in their field for their outstanding service and expertise:
• Paul M. Flynn – Energy: Electricity (Regulatory & Litigation) – Nationwide
• Advising clients on the development and expansion of RTO and ISO markets as well as assisting with a broad range of related regulatory and rulemaking matters before FERC, sources praise Paul as an “approachable, supportive, and strategic attorney.”
• Joseph S. Koury – Energy: Oil & Gas (Regulatory & Litigation) – Nationwide
• Joe earns acclaim for his “decades of experience advising pipeline owners on a range of regulatory issues and disputes at FERC.” His reputation as a seasoned expert on oil and gas regulatory matters, particularly his frequent representation of pipeline clients in a host of investigations and rate reviews, continues to impress clients.
• Wendy N. Reed – Energy: Electricity (Regulatory & Litigation) – Nationwide
• Known as the “go-to lawyer for transmission owners, providing regulatory counsel across a broad spectrum of issues, including cost allocation and rate calculations,” one impressed interviewee describes Wendy as “very intelligent, knowledgeable, and customer-focused.”
• Michael J. Thompson – Energy: Oil & Gas (Regulatory & Litigation) – Nationwide
• With more than thirty-five years of experience with oil and gas regulatory matters, Mike’s “expertise is frequently sought by natural gas pipeline owners and operators for a range of FERC proceedings and investigations.” Clients praise him as “exceptional” for having “depth of regulatory knowledge as well as business acumen.”
• Wendy B. Warren – Energy: Electricity (Regulatory & Litigation) – Nationwide
• With over two decades of experience with electric energy regulation and natural gas pipelines, Wendy “is equally adept at handling significant disputes over power market rulemaking as she is in seeking regulatory approvals for mergers and acquisitions.” One interviewee highlights that she is “very knowledgeable, provides pragmatic feedback, and asks questions to make sure you fully formulate your positions before you make a decision. She’s very valuable counsel.”
Chambers and Partners is an independent, objective group that identifies and assesses the world’s leading lawyers. Their staff of researchers conducts interviews with lawyers and clients worldwide and ranks lawyers based on their reputations and the criteria most valued by clients.
Wright & Talisman's Chambers profile is available here. For more information, please contact Wendy Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org).