Chambers recognizes Wright & Talisman’s reputation as a “highly esteemed practice” with an “extensive knowledge of FERC,” providing “a high level of energy regulatory expertise” while noting that the firm is “particularly strong in its representation of RTOs at FERC and in federal appeals court.” The firm’s understanding of the energy landscape, along with a deep “knowledge of the intricacies” of both the industry and the law, enables its attorneys to deliver “very good insights” that “provide a lot of value” to clients.
Clients highly commend the firm, saying that: “their legal advice is accurate and timely, and their demeanor is always professional and appropriate. The firm is efficient and focuses on the task at hand.” Home to an “outstanding team” of talented attorneys, Wright & Talisman continues to impress clients for offering “excellent client service” and “efficient work and billing habits; they provide tremendous value.”
Continuing its praise for Wright & Talisman for the sixteenth consecutive year, Chambers has also distinguished five Wright & Talisman attorneys as leaders in their field for their outstanding service and expertise:
• Paul M. Flynn – Energy: Electricity (Regulatory & Litigation) – Nationwide
• Specializing in the development of ISO and RTO markets with an expertise in transmission rates, demand response, and congestion issues, commentators praise Paul as “terrific” and describe him as “a jurist and a scholar. He is very good in appellate matters and before the Commission.”• Joseph S. Koury – Energy: Oil & Gas (Regulatory & Litigation) – Nationwide
• Joe’s reputation as a seasoned expert with more than thirty years of experience with oil and gas regulatory matters, particularly his frequent representation of pipeline clients in a host of rate and tariff proceedings, earn him acclaim for being an “adept FERC litigator.”• Wendy N. Reed – Energy: Electricity (Regulatory & Litigation) – Nationwide
• Known for her representation of transmission owners across a range of matters including RTO formation and compliance, one impressed client describes Wendy as “very diligent and an excellent leader; her judgment is superb.” Noted as being “very, very intelligent and very dedicated,” sources also commend her “ability to see the bigger picture.”• Michael J. Thompson – Energy: Oil & Gas (Regulatory & Litigation) – Nationwide
• With a practice focused on infrastructure projects and rate cases, Mike’s more than thirty-five years of experience with oil and gas regulatory matters before FERC earn him a reputation for having “a very good courtroom demeanor; he is a gentleman and gracious, while being totally on point.”• Wendy B. Warren – Energy: Electricity (Regulatory & Litigation) – Nationwide
• Wendy, with over two decades of experience with electric energy regulation and natural gas pipelines, receives wide praise for her “top-notch writing” when assisting clients with rate regulation, enforcement, and compliance matters at FERC and federal courts.Chambers and Partners is an independent, objective group that identifies and assesses the world’s leading lawyers. Their staff of researchers conducts interviews with lawyers and clients worldwide and ranks lawyers based on their reputations and the criteria most valued by clients.
Wright & Talisman's Chambers profile is available here. For more information, please contact Wendy Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org).